Thursday, March 14, 2013


Pope Francis humbly presenting himself to the people. 















To those reading this who know me, I promise this to be one of the few mild posts I offer up. I will soon start up with the rants and all that, but right now I have to say today was a great day! Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina was elected the 266th pope of the Holy Catholic Church and has taken the name Francis. This election was so awesome and historical for so many reasons and I was glad to be watching it live with good friends and my family. If you are interested in learning more about Pope Francis I have shared an article about him on my Facebook page Erik the Catholic Guy(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Erik-the-Catholic-Guy/502134733166259?ref=hl) It's a blog by Tim Staples from Catholic Answers which is also a great place to get info on the popes and Catholic teaching on the subject. I realize some who may read this blog don't know or fully understand or agree with the Church or Her teachings from Scripture on the Papacy so Catholic.com (Catholic Answers) is a great resource. God Bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment